Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Sex-Filled Sunday...

... not for me, you dirty minds. But Carrie Bradshaw and friends got a lot of action in my apartment today, that's for sure.

So that gorgeous, amazing, need-to-be-outside-and-soak-up-the-sunshine weather was replaced today with a torrential downpour, complete with thunder and lightning. This happened almost all day. It never really let up. It was cold and gray and dreary and blah.

And guess who got stuck smack-dab in the middle of it, while leaving Produce Junction, en route to Wegmans? That's right. Yours truly. And it was unpleasant. It did stop momentarily when I got out of Wegmans, but started up again- badly- but I was only a few minutes away from my apartment. But like an idiot, I had taken back roads, and they were flooded, and a tree must have gone down or exploded or something, because there were branches and all this debris everywhere amidst the flooding. I was able to navigate around a bit of it, but still, that couldn't have been good for my tires, which aren't that great to begin with.

But on the bright side, I FOUND PLASTIC PATIO CHAIRS!!! It only took a year, and a trip to two different stores today alone, but I found them! They were hiding at KMart. It makes sense they were there- I hate KMart and avoid shopping there as often as possible. Well, I underestimated them! Not only did they have them, but they had hunter green ones (whites ones get so gross and dirty!), and... wait for it... wait for it... they were on CLEARANCE! So two points for KMart- one point for each chair. Although this experience hasn't suddenly turned me into a KMart shopper. It'll probably be a long time before I go back.

I did not, however, find a plastic patio table. KMart didn't have them (but they can keep their two points). Home Depot didn't have them. Target didn't have them (although they were having a great sale on pillows, and I desperately needed new ones, so I bought two). I even checked the Dollar Tree, which is right by Produce Junction. They didn't have them either. They did, however, have a really nifty drinking glass with vintage 60s Coca-Cola advertising on it. I love retro/vintage advertising, and so I was forced to buy it. I mean, it was only $1! I was in line to pay for it, behind a really scary looking lady (the kind you see at Friday night church basement bingo) who was buying eyeglasses and cat food, and she actually looked at me and said, "I don't know how you can come in here and only buy one thing!" I seriously had no idea what to say to that. So I just smiled politely and shrugged.

Anyway, I digress. So I got home and managed to get my perishable groceries inside, and left the chairs and pillows and non-perishables in the car. The sun literally came out for about fifteen minutes all day, so I took advantage of that to get the rest of my stuff. And that was the last time I left the apartment for the day! The weather was just way too miserable and way too unpredictable to be out in.

Our cable and internet were down all day. So my roommate and I spent most of the day reading, lounging, and watching Sex and the City on DVD. There were probably a million little things I should have been doing instead. My bedroom carpet desperately needs to be vacuumed. My bathroom probably would have appreciated a wipedown as well. I have old mail that really needs to take a field trip to the paper shredder. But you know what? I feel like I'm always running around, always on the go, always busy, always multitasking and doing ten things at once, and I have a really hard time just sitting and relaxing. And so doing that today felt great. It felt just to sit around in really comfy clothes and slippers, being a total girly-girl with my roommate, and watching SATC. For once in my life, it felt really good to just chill.

And now it's time to try and get some more reading in (still waffling on the book- I even contemplated giving up, even picked a new book from the box and everything, but honestly, it really is just interesting enough to skim at the very least, at least to see what happens to this poor girl, if nothing else... pus, the lawyer and female Supreme Court judge's stories are interesting too. So I put the other title back in the box, and am going to try to keep going with this one!), enjoy a yummy snack (I went a little crazy at Produce Junction today, and got an abundance of stuff, so I'm thinking of having strawberries and blueberries for dessert, with whipped cream and some crushed chocolate cookies... yum!), and then go to bed and hopefully get a good night's sleep on my brand-new pillows!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Let's hope Monday comes and goes quickly!

No comments: