Saturday, August 2, 2008

No Smoothie for Me. :-(

I decided not to make my strawberry banana smoothie this morning for several reasons:

1. The strawberries looked downright terrifying. I found a few last night that didn't look totally evil, and decided just to eat them rather than put them in a smoothie, since it had been so long since I'd had strawberries, I wanted to eat the ones that were edible. So I think I'm just going to throw the rest out.

2. My milk smells a bit off. I figured out when I bought it and when I opened it, and it's been about two weeks, which seems a little long. And I'm not going to the grocery store until tomorrow. And I didn't feel like going out and buying some just for the purpose of making a smoothie.

3. It's kind of chilly and blah outside- they're calling for rain and thunderstorms- so it doesn't really seem like a smoothie kind of morning. I'd rather make a smoothie on a warm, hot summer morning, not a chilly gray one.

So no smoothie for me this morning. That's okay. I'm perfectly content with my oatmeal (sugar-free maple brown sugar), mixed with cinnamon, sugar-free maple syrup, flaxseed, and a sliced banana... yum... and coffee, of course! Today's poison is Vanilla Caramel Cream-flavored coffee, courtesy of Berwyn Coffee Company... I almost never drink regular coffee... I love flavored coffees way too much! And plain coffee with flavored syrup just isn't the same thing to me. So here's my breakfast (this time, on a butterfly placement from Wegmans):

DSCI0394

DSCI0396

Hmmm... maybe this will end up turning into more of a food-and-books blog, haha. At least on the weekends, because like I said, I bring the same breakfast and lunch to work every single day. But I usually get a little more creative with my meals on the weekends. I slept until almost 9:30 today- that never happens! Normally I'm up before 9. Must be the clean cozy sheets! ;-) Ten Things I Hate About You is on TV right now... I haven't seen this movie in so long... I remember seeing it in theaters with friends my senior year of high school! I'm going to see The Dark Knight tonight with some friends... two Heath Ledger movies in one day. I haven't seen any since he died.

When I woke up this morning I found a note by my door from my roommate, apologizing profusely- she didn't get home until 4 a.m.! She had a dance lesson (she's a ballroom dancer), and usually they all hang out afterwards. She's still asleep, but no worries! (Especially since she doesn't know about the bowl yet.) She said she'd make it up to me, but no need! It's all good! :-)

So I'm going to sit on the balcony for a while, read, sip my coffee, and digest my oatmeal. Then I'm going to try out this DVD that I picked up at the library:

Should be interesting. ;-) I'm always up for trying new kinds of workouts, and I took a cardio striptease class at my old gym a few years ago, and liked it a lot. I'll let you know how it goes! I should also put up my new shower liner too... I should have done that, like, a month ago. But for now, I'm going to sit on the balcony with my coffee and my book. It's not humid out- in fact, it's a little chilly, I have on yoga pants and a long-sleeved t-shirt- so it's a good day to sit outside and read. Plus if it starts raining, I'm covered by the apartment balcony above us. :-)

No comments: