Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Speedy post

I'm sleepy, so tonight's post will be quick, quick, quick like a bunny!

First things first: I tried a new Larabar flavor today as my pre-workout bar: the Coconut Cream Pie flavor. Delish!!!! This might be my favorite flavor to date! It's a toss-up between that and the Apple Pie flavor... I'll need to sample them both a few more times to make a final judgment call.   ;-)

I felt blah all day, so I made sure to have a dinner full of yummy mood-boosting foods:

DSCI0681 Trader Joe's Salmon Burger, sweet potato, and steamed broccoli, with Smart Balance Butter Spray and Chili Pepper Sauce. Hit the spot and cheered me up!

Followed by some raspberries!

DSCI0680 Yum!!!

Last but not least, I finished No Second Chance. As predicted, I read it very quickly- mystery/thrillers are always a pretty fast read! And I skimmed a bit of it too, I confess. It was... all right. I thought the plot was a tad far-fetched, but it was okay. I don't see myself re-reading it again, though, so I think I'll either give it away or donate it to Goodwill to make more room on my shelves... my most favorite book sale is coming up THIS WEEKEND, and this is going to be the last book sale I go to for at least six months, so I'm going out with a bang!  :-D

And as you know by now with this blog, when one book closes, another gets opened! This is the book that I picked at random for my new read:

DSCI0684 I present my newest book, Where the Girls Are: Growing Up Female with the Mass Media, by Susan Douglas. Here's a quick description of the book from Goodreads.com: "An insightful, witty, and well-written analysis of the effects of mass-media on women in late 20th-century American culture. Douglas cuts through the fluff that spews from the tube with a finely-honed sense of the absurd that can forever change (or minimally, inform) how you perceive the changing portrayals of women by the media."   I bought this a few years ago at a book sale, my favorite semiannual book sale, actually. I was a Communications major in college, and I like women's studies, and the mass media, so I can't imagine that I won't like this book! I'll keep you posted on how I like it (no pun intended!). I don't know if I'll get much reading done tonight- I have a bit of a headache, and I still need to unload the dishwasher. I'm waiting for the dishes to cool a bit. So once I accomplish that oh-so-fun task, I might just call it a night (after a yummy pre-bed snack, of course- I'm thinking it's a Smart Balance popcorn-kinda night... it's too chilly out for a cold treat like ice cream).

Hope ya'll had great Tuesdays! We're almost halfway through the week... thank God!!!

No comments: