Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I picked the wrong day to do yoga.

I had a really great and relaxing yoga workout... yesterday. I felt really great afterwards- calm, rejuvenated, happy, and I slept like a baby.

Then I came to work today and had a really stressful day. And all those happy rejuvenated yoga feelings went right out the window. Argh. I was able to vent out my frustrations physically on the stair machine at the gym, which made me feel better, and then I vented emotionally to my roommate and my sister, and that made me feel a little better too. Still... I'm all keyed up and restless from the stress of the day. I don't anticipate a good night's sleep tonight (considering the fact that it's almost midnight!).

But that's okay. Because I only have ONE MORE work day to get through, and then I am OFF FROM WORK UNTIL NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!! I am so excited for this, you don't even know. I desperately need some time to relax and recover from all the stress that's been in my life lately... this was already prescheduled vacation time, but honestly, it couldn't come at a better time. I've been so keyed up and restless with work/family/misc. stress and drama that I need some time to just regroup and decompress and reflect. And what better time than Thanksgiving, a time when we all hopefully take the time to reflect on what we're thankful for and appreciate all the good in our lives. I need that right now in the worst way. So yeah, I'm pretty excited. And since I have off for the next week, I think I can suck up one night of sleep deprivation. That's why God invented coffee! :-D

I don't really have much else to blog about. I have some yummy dinner pics I want to post, but I'm just not up for it right now. I'm starting to get a little sleepy and I need a pre-bedtime snack (I'm thinking ice cream... hopefully some cool carby comfort food will help lull me to sleep!) and some quick blog-surfing (I can't keep up with all the great blogs I love! My bookmarked list on my computer is getting out of control, but I can't help it, you're all too fabulous to delete! I'll have to update my blog so you all know which are my faves- right now it's just on my computer).

Be back tomorrow with a much happier post, I promise! I'll officially be on vacation, so there's no way I can be in a bad mood!!!! Well, I guess never say never, but all I have to do is power through the day and think about my six-day vacation!!!! I can't wait!!!!! :-)

No comments: