Monday, November 3, 2008

Lazy vacation day

I had a great vacation day today! I did something that I almost never do... absolutely nothing. :-D Seriously, I'm one of those people who's always doing 25 different things at once, and who hates to sit still. But I spent all afternoon just chilling, relaxing, watching TV, and reading, and it felt great. It really did. I didn't get bored, restless, antsy, not once, which I normally do after I sit around for long periods of time. I'm not one of those people who can just veg on the couch for hours. But I was today, and it felt great (Although, I do confess, I also ran and unloaded the dishwasher, and washed a few sweaters. But those are chores that do themselves with the push of a button, so they don't count, LOL)! Kind of indulgent, in a way. And restful. I got seven hours of sleep last night... I couldn't tell you the last time that happened. So yeah, lazy vacation days kind of rock. I couldn't do it all the time though... I found it very relaxing, but at the same time, I'm over it and ready to reclaim my multitasking self tomorrow morning. But for one day, it was pretty damn good. :-)

Of course, I wasn't a total slug on the couch all day. I don't think I'd ever be able to do that unless I had the flu or something, haha. I woke up and hit the gym for an hour-long cardio session in the morning while watching daytime TV (Rachael Ray and The Price is Right, specifically, LOL). Then I stopped at the supermarket next door to pick up a few bananas and skim milk for the work week. So I figured I'd earned the right to be lazy on the couch for the afternoon, haha.

To top off my fun lazy vacation day, I made one of my favorite random meals:

DSCI0658 DSCI0659 A sweet potato with melted reduced fat Colby Jack cheese, broccoli, 1/2 package Boca crumbles, pepper and onion mix, and chili pepper sauce and salsa. Yum!!!! I also had a side salad to go with it... delicious! Baked potato concoctions are one of my favorite meals. :-)

Now it's off to watch some TV and do some reading before I have to get up and rejoin the working world tomorrow morning... booooo. :)

Hope you're all having a good night! Don't forget to vote tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Trying To Heal said...

Mmmmmmm...meal looks great! love things that can easily be thrown together!!!