Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rock the Vote

I have had the song "Rock the Boat" in my head all day long, only instead of "rock the boat", I keep hearing "rock the vote". :-D

I hope everyone got out and voted today! I waited to go until later, about 6 PM. My polling place is, literally, next door. I walked over after I did my afternoon workout (I kept it low-key today and did a Pilates/stability ball DVD). I voted AND walked.... I helped my country AND the environment in one shot. Go me! :-D

There was no wait when I got there, so that was exciting. No line at all. So I hopped into one of the booths and cast my vote. It felt so exciting! I don't remember being nearly as excited the last time I voted (probably because Bush ended up winning, which absolutely floored me). I don't know if it's because this is an historical election and it was amazing to be apart of it, or the fact that this country is in desperate need of a change with everything going on- the war, the economy, the healthcare situation, etc., or a combination of these things. But it felt so great to vote. And I have a very, very strong feeling that my candidate is going to win. I don't normally share my view on politics, but screw it, I'm too excited- GO OBAMA!!!!!!!

As if I wasn't already excited enough to be voting and participating in something so monumental, I was rewarded for voting with a free Starbucks coffee! In addition to being within walking distance of my polling place, I also live within walking distance to a Starbucks (along with many other things, including the train station, the library, and a Plato's Closet... I love where I live!!!). Being as it was six o'clock at night and I was already a little bit hyper from voting, I opted for decaf. I enjoyed that on the walk back. I used to hate Starbucks coffee, but it's slowly growing on me. It will never be my favorite- I love flavored coffee and I think that Starbucks is way overpriced- but I will never, ever turn down a free coffee. Unless it's the coffee at work, and that doesn't count, because whatever that is, it sure as hell isn't coffee. I'm pretty sure it's battery acid. (We have a coffee club at work and we each bring in flavored coffee, because we just refuse to drink that crap).

I just hopped out of the shower, and after I blow-dry my hair, I'm going to settle in for the night with my book, my dinner (on tonight's menu: a Gardenburger Chik'n Grill pattie- I bought these over the weekend for the first time and loved them- with a bit of curry powder and some peppers and onions, on an Arnold's whole wheat sandwich thin, organic ketchup for my dipping pleasure, steamed broccoli, and a side salad), and the remote to watch the results!!!

In just a few hours, we're going to have a new president!!!! IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!! :-)

No comments: