Sorry I've been MIA the past two days... this has been a severely stressful week on many, many levels, both personally and professionally. And on top of it all, I had the worst sleep last night... I tossed and turned until 2 am, and barely slept at all. I feel like a zombie right now. I probably won't even do the full post that I intended to, just because I'm so exhausted and I want to try to get to bed a little early. Because of this, book reviews will have to wait for another post... I'm sorry! I did finish Love the One You're With, and I picked a new book (I'll at least unveil that tonight... I won't be a total tease, LOL!), and I only have a few pages left of Naturally Thin. I have a lot of thoughts on both books, so that's why I really want to wait so I can post something more in-depth... if not tonight, before the weekend, I promise!!! :-)
But first things first... I've been tagged by the lovely Yasmin over at It's a Wrap! So here I go with some fun little tidbits about li'l old me! :)
8 Things I'm Looking Forward To:
1. One of my favorite used book sales is this Saturday- I'm so jazzed!!! :-) I'm picking my sister up early so we can get there right when it opens and get the pick of the litter, so to speak! :-D
2. Going to the Philadelphia Book Festival this weekend with my sister, grandmom, and maybe my roommate... I've never been to this before, so I'm excited!
3. I have a vacation day coming up this Monday... I desperately need it!!!!
4. Getting my new Netflix movie (I ordered Zack and Miri Make a Porno, haha! Has anyone seen this? I've heard it's really funny!)
5. My sister's spending the night on Saturday... girls' slumber party!!!! :-)
6. Friday is Payday for me! :-)
7. Reading my new book (more to come on that)
8. Nice weather... it's been chilly and rainy here all week... blah!
8 Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Went to work
2. Went to the gym
3. Watched The Biggest Loser
4. Finished reading Love the One You're With
5. Picked a new book
6. Wrote in my journal
7. Finished the rest of a box of Peanut Butter Puffins for my bedtime snack (there was only one serving left; and don't worry, I still have another unopened box, courtesy of a 2/$5 my grocery store had a few weeks ago!)
8. Ran and unloaded the dishwasher
8 Things I Wish I Could Do:
1. Make more money (don't we all???)
2. Speak French
3. Knit (I've always wanted to learn!)
4. Go back to school and get my degree in Health/Nutrition (which brings me back to #1...)
5. Be more artistic/crafty
6. Overreact/stress less
7. Visit Europe
8. Live somewhere warmer (I'm not a fan of PA weather!)
8 Shows I Watch:
1. The Office
2. 30 Rock
3. Mad Men
4. The Big Bang Theory
5. The Golden Girls
6. Cold Case
7. The Amazing Race
8. Brothers and Sisters
8 People I Tag:
I tried out yet another new sweet potato combo for dinner tonight, that I simply had to share with the group:
Sweet potato, spinach, Trader Joe's turkey meatballs all cut up, chipotle salsa and chili pepper sauce on the side- winning combination right here! I figured the turkey meat would help me sleep tonight... let's hear it for tryptophan!
Also, check out what I got in the mail yesterday from my friends at amazon:
Please tell me you've heard of this show! Most people my age or younger have not, LOL. Knots Landing was a primetime soap opera in the '80s and '90s- it was on for fourteen years!!! It was a spinoff of the even-older show Dallas (you know, "Who Shot J.R.?" LOL!). I grew up watching this show, and desperately wanting to live in the fictional Knots Landing, which was supposedly in a picturesque beach town in Southern California where everyone has beautiful homes and never have to work, haha! I wanted to grow up and live just like that... needless to say, that plan has yet to happen, for many reasons! But, I still love this show. I preordered Season 2 back in December as a little Christmas present to myself, and it arrived yesterday! Yay! I can't wait to tear into this baby... I have a feeling that my vacation day is going to involve my pajamas and this DVD!!!
And before I sign off for the night, I did promise to show you my new read:
So, I have a confession to make... I've never read Jane Austen. I can practically hear my female bloggers gasping in horror. Yes, it's true. I've always wanted to, I just never got around to it! Anyway, this was my next pick. I admit, I was a little weary at first, because I wasn't sure if I was feeling a dense Victorian-historical British novel, especially after the massive letdown I felt from Atonement, but my roommate is a HUGE Jane Austen fan, and she assures me that I'll love it. And she is, after all, the original "chick lit" author, so I'm giving it a shot! I've tried to read a few pages here and there, and so far, I do like it, but I've just had such a stressful, horrible week, that I haven't really gotten too much into it so far. Right now, finishing up Naturally Thin is about all I can handle for the time being! Although I did try reading it a little bit at the gym... note to self: Sense and Sensibility is NOT a good pick for reading material on the elliptical machine. LOL. I could only read, like, ten pages, and I got a headache trying to read it while I was bouncing around. LOL. Oh well. The copy I have was a gift from my grandmother, who was an English professor and has given me a ton of awesome classic literature throughout the years for various holidays and occasions- on my 23rd birthday (she always writes something in the books she gives me, and when she gave them to me, which I love). And since I'll probably be seeing her this weekend at the Book Festival, this seems like a fitting pick!
Okay, I'm off to try and get some extra and much-needed rest (after I eat a Triple Chocolate Vitatop for dessert first, though, because after the week I've been having- and it's only WEDNESDAY- I need chocolate!!!), but I'll try to post tomorrow, if not Friday! Goodnight! ;-)