Sunday, April 5, 2009

Disaster ball game... but successful dinner!!!!

The Phils are losing HARD right now. It's the bottom of the 6th inning and they're losing 4-0. Not a good way for the 2008 World Series Champions to be starting off their Home Opener Game!

Well, at least my dinner turned out awesome:

DSCI1267 DSCI1270 This is kind of a "healthified" version of one of Philly's favorite sandwiches- the meatball sub, a la potato. I microwaved a sweet potato, and added steamed broccoli, reduced-fat Provolone cheese, and two cut-up Trader Joe's Turkey Meatballs (LOVE these bad boys!), with a few dashes of oregano, pepper, crushed red pepper, and chopped onion pieces, along with some organic ketchup. This was super-delish!!!! I made a similar creation last night, only instead of ketchup, I had it with salsa and some peppers and onions. It was okay, but just a little too much. So I toned it down a little, and this combo was MUCH better! At least I could comfort myself from this sad first baseball game with an awesome dinner! I can't wait to make this again!

I'm off to watch the rest of the game- it's now the 7th and they have yet to score, but who knows, there's still two innings left! They could turn it around! Then it'll be time to get ready for bed. Where did the weekend go????????

No comments: