Thursday, October 30, 2008

THEY DID IT!!!!

The Phillies are the World Series Champions!!! It was SO amazing to watch, it still feels a little surreal, and it happened about 24 hours ago!!! I've never seen anything like it. Ordinarily I don't really get caught up in sporting events like this, but baseball is really the only sport I like, and so to see my hometown win the World Series after a L-O-N-G wait (and watching them lose fifteen years ago) was awesome. Awesome isn't even the word. I can't find a word right now. I'm a little sleep-deprived. I was up until about 1 a.m. last night watching all the live coverage, and the past few nights have been equally as sleep-deprived, because these games have been keeping me up until at least midnight (and then, of course, there was the one on Saturday that didn't get started until 10 p.m. because of a rain delay, and it didn't end until 2 a.m.... it's definitely been a crazy World Series, that's for sure!)

I had one unscheduled vacation day left, and I took it tomorrow to go to the city parade!!! I'm heading down via train with a friend of mine (they are encouraging people not to drive- they didn't even have to tell me twice- I hate driving in the city, and I can barely deal with suburban rush hour traffic), and I am so excited! It's going to be so much fun. Complete and utter chaos, hopefully in a good way! The crowd will be rowdy, but hopefully all-in-good-fun-rowdy, not I-get-knocked-over-and-stepped-on rowdy. I couldn't miss this parade. This could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity... let's hope not! But it took them 28 years to win another World Series title, and I gotta live for the moment and be down there and celebrate with everyone. And even if I didn't have that vacation day, I would have taken one of my holiday vacation days. I would work the day after Thanksgiving or Christmas or New Year's Eve to get to this parade! I'll post pics, if any come out! (I don't anticipate quality shots- I anticipate lots of pictures of the tops of random strangers' heads.)

AND I already had a scheduled day off for Monday. So I have a four-day weekend. How SWEET is that??? I offered to come in, but my boss said don't worry about it. She did not have to tell me twice. I plan on catching up on sleep- and all my favorite blogs! And catching up on my own! I have SO much to post about!!!! It is so easy to fall behind in blogging! I still have to post about my happy book sale from last weekend, and I finished one book, and I'm thisclose to finishing another book (I'd actually like to finish it tonight, if I can keep my eyes open long enough- I only have a few pages left, and it's such a tease to be so close to the end of a book without finishing it! Diehard readers know what I'm talking about, haha). But I fully intend to get caught up in everyone's blogs, including mine, over the weekend. But I'm too drained right now, and I still have some things to do before I hit the hay. Once I curl up with a book, I know I'll crash, haha. And I want to get stuff ready for tomorrow. I'm going prepared- layers, lunch and snacks (I doubt I'll be able to move, let alone find a place to get something to eat!), water, a book (for the train ride! In fact, I almost never go anywhere without a book), camera, etc. You'd think I was going camping. But this is going to be an epic event. They're predicting at least a quarter of a million people crammed onto the streets of Philly. I just hope I don't get separated from my friends!

While I'm too tired to get into all of my exciting book news, I will post two new and exciting fun food finds- Pure Protein Blueberry Crumb Cake Bar (yum!)- and my new all-time favorite soup possibly ever, Trader Joe's Low-Sodium Organic Fire Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup. Oh. My. God. Was this amazing. I threw in some broccoli and carrots and found happy soup nirvana. I need to do a TJs run this weekend, and this is SO getting bought again.

Okay, time to get ready to get my parade on! I'll be back at some point over the weekend. Oh, and Happy Halloween! I keep forgetting that tomorrow is Halloween. Philadelphia's priorities are a little different right now. :-D

No comments: