Monday, October 6, 2008

One of those perfect weekends...

... that you hate to see end, that makes coming into work on Monday even harder than it already is!  :)

I had a FABULOUS weekend. The weather was a-ma-zing- the perfect fall weather. It was sunny and warm with that slight fall breeze, and that lovely autumn-y smell.

I hit two used book sales this weekend- a paperback book sale on Saturday morning, where I got three books for $1- and a big used book sale on Sunday morning with my sister, where I got eleven more books for $19. So 14 books for $20- not too shabby, in my opinion! I'll post titles and details tomorrow- this is a quick post because I got home later than expected (had to get my car inspected- it passed but needed an alignment and a new air filter and oil dipstick, so it set me back $215, but I'm still on my I-had-such-a-wonderful-weekend high, even that couldn't bring me down), and am still trying to catch up on a bunch of stuff before bed.

I had a great time with my sister, as usual. We hung out, chatted, read, grabbed coffee at Saxbys (I had a coupon for a free coffee, so I got a skim cappuccino with sugar-free Irish Cream syrup... so yummy!), watched Grey's Anatomy eps on DVD (my sister must be living under a rock somewhere, because she'd never seen it, and I have the first season so we watched a few... now she's hooked, I had to lend it to her, haha), made an awesome dinner (grilled chicken and Trader Joe's mushroom risotto, which neither of us had ever had before, but I had bought on a whim a few weeks ago... it was incredible! We also had side salads for some veggie love), and watched Heathers, which she'd also never seen before (she's from the Mean Girls generation, LOL). We also caught the Tina Fey/Sarah Palin skit on SNL- friggin' hysterical! I laughed so hard I cried. Especially the part where she gives the shout-out to the third grade class at Gladys Woods Elementary School for helping out with her debate prep. And when she got out the flute for the talent portion... oh man, it was so funny! I love Tina Fey! And I loved the looks that Queen Latifah was giving her. We were both cracking up.

I finished Admissions on Saturday afternoon while I was eating lunch. It was cute. Exactly what I needed to come down from A Million Little Pieces. I let my sister pick my next book- she reached into the Box of Book Titles and pulled one out at random- and she pulls out, of all things, The Bell Jar.  Which happens to be one of her favorite books- she read it when she was 13! Apparently I am one of the only girls on earth who has never read The Bell Jar. Well, I'm reading it now! I'm about 70 pages into it and so far, she hasn't had her breakdown or anything, which makes me suspect that it's going to come very soon. But I'm liking it. I loved She's Come Undone and Esther Greenwood reminds me a bit of Holden Caulfield from The Catcher in the Rye with her humor and the way she looks at life, so I can't imagine I won't like it.

Okay, believe it or not, that was my "short" post. Expect a longer one in a day or two. Goodnight all!   :-)

No comments: