Monday, October 27, 2008

I've been a bad blogger lately...

... but I can't help it. And I have a great reason too! All of my concentration this past week has been focused on watching the Phillies play in the World Series. They've played all week. And tonight, they are one game away from winning the championship.... I can't believe it!!! I'll never forget watching them play in 1993 (the last time they played) and they lost, and I had just fallen in love with baseball at that time (I just started playing little league, my favorite movie at the time was A League of their Own, and I had honestly convinced myself in my twelve-year-old mind that I would be the first girl to ever play professional baseball for the Philadelphia Phillies... what can I say, I had a bit of a vivid imagination!), and I watched them lose, and I was just crestfallen. And I truly think that tonight is their night, and they're going to win. I really do. If not tonight, then I think they are going to win the World Series, but I really think they're going to win tonight. They have their best starting pitcher leading tonight, and I just feel like it's going to happen. And when it does, Philadelphia is going to celebrate their asses off, and rightfully so, because we have been waiting a long time for this moment! I'm totally taking Wednesday off and going to the parade!!!! The last time the Phillies won the World Series was 1980... I wasn't even alive then! People are still talking about that parade! I was watching the news, and the consensus was universal- everyone is calling out sick, and people were even saying that they would pull their kids out of school to take them to the parade. I can't miss it... it could very well be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Once the Phillies have won and all the excitement has died down and my life has officially gone back to normal (so we're talking by the end of the week or the weekend, haha), I will be back with my regular posts. I have so much to post about too... including a very exciting book sale that I went to with my sister last weekend, where I found some great books! I was going to post on Sunday afternoon, but we were having internet problems all weekend. I had almost forgotten how much I despise Comcast, but luckily this weekend helped refresh my memory. So I didn't get to post about the book sale, but I will... don't worry!

Until then...

GO PHILLIES!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ill def be at that parade!