Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Winter wonderland

A vast majority of my afternoon went into an internal debate of whether to go to the gym or not.  :-)   It's nice to know that I'm putting my brain and mental energy to good use, huh?  ;-D  It's been lightly snowing steadily all day long, and the area has been under a winter weather storm advisory warning all day and all evening. I really wanted to go to the gym, but certainly didn't want to risk my safety trying to get there! In the end, I opted to play it safe and workout from home. The gym will be there tomorrow... and the day after that... and the day after that... LOL.  I think it was a good judgment call on my part. The roads were fine on the drive home, but my apartment parking lot was really  slippery, and I slid significantly twice trying to get up the little hill to my parking lot! And it's seriously a tiny hill, barely a baby-sized one. So I definitely think I made the right decision!

So instead of the gym, I hopped on my Netflix account and did the Crunch: Super SlimDown Pilates and Yoga combo workout instead. I have the Crunch: Fat-Burning Yoga workout, which I love but wasn't in the mood for, and I've done the Crunch: Candlelight Yoga workout on Netflix too. I really like the Crunch series a lot. And while I do Pilates and Yoga separately on a regular basis, I've never combined them in the same workout. I was intrigued and thought it would be interesting and fun, so I gave it a try. I LOVED it!!!! Definitely more of a challenge to do together... I could feel my breath pacing and my heartrate get faster, and I was definitely feeling it, but in that good way you feel a tough workout, not the oh-my-God-I-think-I'm-going-to-die way, LOL. It was fast-paced and the instructor was easy to follow. I felt like the workout took two great core workouts and put them together into a nice, flowing routine that really got my blood flowing and my energy going!I'll definitely be doing "Yogalates" again!

LOL, speaking of Netflix, guess what I got in the mail today? Okay, time for an 80s flashback... who remembers this show?

Gimme a Break Oh yes, kids, I ordered the first disc of Season 1 of Gimme a Break.  I LOVED this show as a kid!!!! Nell Carter was just such a smartass, and she cracked me up! I wanted her to come live at my house and take care of me! Haha. Anyway, I saw that Season 1 was out on DVD and I just had to get it and revisit my childhood. I'm sure it won't be nearly as funny or entertaining as I remember it being when I was seven years old- as was the case when I bought Jem and the Holograms when it first came out on DVD a few years ago... I watched it and was like, hmmmm.....- but that's okay. That's the beauty of Netflix... I'll just send it on back! I probably won't start watching it until the weekend, so I'll let you know what my thoughts are on it then.

Other than my exciting Netflix finds, nothing else is really going on! I'm really barreling through Tales of the City.... I read about 50 pages on my lunch break today, so I'm already about one-third of the way into the book! It's a really  fast read, because each chapter is only about two or three pages long. It's good so far. Lotta drugs, lotta free lovin' going on left and right, but those were the times, you know? I can't help but think of classic 70s sitcoms while I'm reading it... I keep thinking of The Mary Tyler Moore Show (probably because the main character's name is Mary Ann, and she's this really naive girl from Cleveland, and Mary Richards from TMTMS was a naive girl from Minneapolis), and Three's Company. I really have a lot of TV on the brain lately, it seems! Haha.

And on that note, it seems fitting to say that I'm off to make dinner and watch my Tuesday night TV shows (The Biggest Loser and The Office), and try to go to bed early tonight... I have a bit of a busy day at work tomorrow! I'll be catching up on blogs tonight too... so mant great blogs, so little time!!!   :-D

No comments: