Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A very short post

I had every intention of posting a great post tonight, because up until a few hours ago, I was actually having a really great day. Now... not so much.

Please keep my father in your thoughts. He is currently in the hospital for pneumonia due to complications from COPD, and was stable, but has taken a turn for the worse. He is on a ventilator, currently sedated, and being given antibiotics to try and treat the pneumonia. My father has been sick for a very, very long time, and we all kind of knew that he wasn't going to get better, and while I have accepted it and I feel that I've made peace with it, it doesn't make the reality of it any less painful. He is scheduled for a tracheotomy on Monday to help him breathe. He's currently unconscious and I haven't been able to visit him, but my sister and I are going on Sunday unless his diagnosis changes, and in that case we will obviously go sooner. My dad's been sick for a long time, and I've known for a while that he is not going to recover, but I don't know how much longer he can hold out because he has been so sick for so long, so please keep him in your thoughts. I haven't really spoken about it on the blog, but not because I didn't want to. This is my blog and I want to be as personal and honest about it as possible, but I just worry about posting certain things because I work for an extremely conservative company, and you never know who's reading your blog really, so I've always kind of kept that in the back of my mind when I'm posting. For all I know, my cubicle neighbor or my department manager's kid or my boss's sister could be reading it... you just never know. So I just always kind of keep that in the back of my mind. But I don't think that applies to this situation.

Anyway, I'll keep everyone informed of what's going on. Thank you for your support and understanding. I'll be back tomorrow. But this is about all I can do for right now.

No comments: