Sunday, September 7, 2008

Listless weekend

I really didn't do too much this weekend... the weather yesterday was completely miserable all day long and into the evening- it really didn't let up at all, and lounging got old quick! :)  By the evening I was completely stir-crazy and restless. I couldn't concentrate on my book, nothing was on TV, and I was not motivated to go out and find something to do in midst of a flood watch warning. I swear after a while, my butt hurt from sitting on it all day! I did find small things to do, like shred all the mail I've been avoiding for years (it's literally followed me to different apartments!), but it was possibly one of the most uneventful Saturdays I've had in a very long time. Boo.

Of course it was absolutely beautiful today! So I went grocery shopping, came home and read for a bit, had lunch, and then that listless feeling kicked again, so I went to the gym and did a nice long cardio workout, which felt GREAT after being so sedentary the past two days! It rejuvenated me and made me feel so much better. I am one of those people who honestly enjoys exercising, because I always feel so great afterwards. I feel refreshed and relaxed and strong (and sometimes exhausted and sweaty and sore, LOL).  I definitely experience the endorphin rush that working out is supposed to give you!

So I'm about three-fourths of the way through Bitch. I still like it, but there are definitely some things about it that bother me:

*There are a lot of pop culture references to lots of movies and books , which is only natural because it's a sociology book. However, I would appreciate it if the author stopped giving away the entire plots and ending to said books and movies. Most of them I have no real interest in, but some of them, I do. Or should I say, did.

*This author is very... opinionated, which I respect, but her opinions are definitely coming off a bit angry and jaded and a bit harsh. For example, she wishes that Mary Jo Buttafuoco had not survived the gunshot wound she received to the head, one of the reasons being that she chose to look the other way while her husband slept around. I think that's a bit on the extreme side. But these are her opinions, and her book, and her style, so I can't really fault her for that. I'm just not sure I agree with everything she's saying.

*The book tends to ramble from one topic to the next kind of aimlessly. I thought this book would be all about the rebellious women in history, which it sort of is, but the author tends to ramble  and digress and go way off-subject, and it's making the book really difficult to get into sometimes because I never know where she's going.

But for the most part, I am enjoying it, but I'm not sure how often I'll re-read this again. It's a lot to digest!

Speaking of digesting, I tried a fun new dinner concoction tonight: Mango Chicken Curry!

DSCI0578 DSCI0580 boneless skinless chicken + instant brown rice + spinach + carrots + mango + lots and lots of curry powder and other spices + chili pepper sauce= happiness in a bowl.   :)

Dessert tonight is a repeat of last night's dessert:

DSCI0577 That is a Deep Chocolate Vitamuffin top with sliced strawberries. I've had Vitamuffin products before, but this was the first time that I tried the Deep Chocolate muffin top, and I am hooked. I think when I run out of these, I'm going to buy the mix online and make them myself... you get more for your money that way!

All right, time to watch Mad Men and get ready for Monday (bah)- hope you all had fabulous weekends!!!  ;)

No comments: