Monday, September 15, 2008

Cross another one off the list!




I finished Quentins today... it was excellent! I could not put it down almost as soon as I started reading it. If you've never read Maeve Binchy, I would highly recommend her... in fact, all of the Irish chick lit I've read so far is awesome- Maeve Binchy (I've read a few of her other books too, like Tara Road and Evening Class), Marian Keyes, and Cathy Kelly. They just have a way of drawing you into the story almost immediately from the first page, with characters that you just adore instantaneously. I have a few other books from this genre on my list, so I'm pretty excited to get to them (one day!)



So I picked another book from the Box of Unread Books (which still needs a name... I haven't thought of anything yet! I want it to be catchy, cute, quirky... you know, like yours truly, haha). I ended up picking two titles, because... don't laugh... one is a textbook. No, I'm kidding. Yes, I bought a textbook for fun that I intend to read cover to cover. Okay, you can smirk a little. It's just that so many subjects in this world interest me, and if I could, I'd go back to school and just get degree after degree in all the things I'm interested in- sociology, psychology, women's studies, history, international studies, law, health, nutrition, marketing, advertising, media, etc. I could keep going and going. I love sociology, and I took a few courses in college, but I'd love to learn more. Hence the book. I do intend to read the entire book, I just might read it in increments!


Knowing this, I decided to pick another book. A "for fun" book that I could take to work and the gym and to read concurrently with the sociology book.


Lo and behold: Goodnight Nobody, by Jennifer Weiner. (I have no idea why my pictures keep posting on the top of the page. It's annoying the crap out of me. Thank you, blogspot. I should have written this on Windows LiveWriter, which is what I usually do... I don't know why I chose to post this way instead! Weird.) I looove Jennifer Weiner, and with the exception of her book that just came out over the summer (Certain Girls, the sequel to Good in Bed), I own and have read them all! I've even met her twice at book signings! (She used to live in Philly and write for The Philadelphia Inquirer). She is so funny and personable in real life, just like she is in her books! I even have a picture with her from one of the book signings... I'm pretty sure I have it on a picture CD somewhere. My new weekend tasks is to find this picture and put it on the blog!
I started a few pages of Goodnight, Nobody while I was eating dinner tonight. I'm six pages into it and I managed to laugh out loud about five times. This book is gonna be good!!!
Hope you all had great weekends! Mine was a lot of fun. I went to the Renaissance Faire with my roommate and a few of her friends on Saturday. I had a blast! I haven't been there in a few years, and it's always such a great time! I did take a few pics, but I'll post them tomorrow when I can hop on LiveWriter. Plus it's almost 10 and I still need to hop in the shower and get a few things ready for work tomorrow... I don't know how the night got away from me so quickly... I feel like this happens every damn night during the work week... it always feels like there aren't enough hours in the day. Anyone else feel this way during the work week? Any tips to overcome it? Or do I just have really poor time management skills? ;D










No comments: