Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy birthday, Dad

Today is my dad's birthday. He would have been 54 years old today.

Me and DadHe was always trying to look so badass, but he was really a softie.   :-)   I love you, Dad.

Normal blogging will resume tomorrow or possibly Saturday- tonight I want to just take the time to write in my journal and let all my thoughts and emotions flow and get everything out. There'll be tears (there already have been), but that's okay. And there will be some laughter too- new eps of Parks and Recreation, The Office, and 30 Rock tonight- all of which are guaranteed to bring me a little laughter... trust me, my dad would have wanted that. One of the best things about my dad was that he had a great sense of humor.  :-)

I hope you all had a great day and a wonderful night. And if you are reading this and if you can, do me a favor- call your dad and tell him that you love him.  It was the last thing I got to say to my dad, and I thank God I had that moment.

1 comment:

itsawrap said...

Happy birthday to your Dad, and I hope you remember all the great memories you had with him. I will call my Dad tonight, thanks for reminding me....have a relaxing night.